Monday, August 15, 2011

Gundam Cafe Day! (Tokyo Day 3)

Today was the day that I let my nerd show proud! I've been reluctant so far in my journey to venture too much into hobby shops and whatnot because I wanted to establish myself where I live so I wouldn't just be THAT gaijin who is in Japan solely for anime and manga :P But today all that changed! It was my friends last day staying with me and we decided to spend the afternoon in Akihabara which is the big anime and video game area in Tokyo. The only condition that I set was that we HAD to go to the official Gundam cafe. For those of you who don't really know me, I am a HUGE Gundam nerd. It is my favorite series. I own about 30 models (and growing). It's kind of a weakness. She agreed and we were off. We spent the first half of the day walking around and shopping. There are many cosplay cafes in the area so we encountered many young ladies in costume :)
Anime EVERYWHERE!
We spent the rest of the afternoon at the Gundam Cafe!
A shot of the cafe

My drink! Notice the official emblem and the nutmeg Haro

A lady dressed in a Federation uniform took our order.

My food looks like a Zaku!
Gunpla-yaki with custard

Best day ever?! I think so.
Every thing was Gundam themed including the bathrooms! The ladies bathroom was themed as Char's Zaku. Here's a video of the bathroom.

It was a great day for my very nerdy self :)

No comments:

Post a Comment