Friday, August 26, 2011

Odaiba Gundam Project

In case you haven't noticed a theme here, Gundam is my favorite anime. So naturally, when I heard that there was going to be a full scale replica of the Gundam in Tokyo, I jumped at the opportunity to see it! I hopped on a train to head over to the man made island of Odaiba. The train ride was actually quite nice! I had to take a train that took me over on the Rainbow Bridge. It was a stunning sight! From there, I was met by a replica of the Statue of Liberty with Tokyo as the back drop.
I quickly walked over to the Gundam display. To my fangirlish delight, there in pieces was a to scale replica of my favorite mech (giant robot). It used to be erect by the Bandai museum. However, it was damaged in the March 11th quake so now it rests in pieces. First thing I did was get in line to get a picture sitting in the hand.
Such a happy nerd!
I stood around the Gundam for hours amazed by it's size and reality.
All the pieces laid out

The foot

The beam saber, it's weapon for hand-to-hand combat

The head and scale

Me with the head!
My entry ticket and food ticket. My entry ticket is advertising the newest Gundam series AGE and the food ticket is from the original Gundam. It has my favorite character Char <3

I spent the rest of the day wandering around Odaiba. There wasn't much else there besides shops and malls which was still pretty fun! I ate dinner at the Takoyaki Museum in Odaiba. It was so delicious! Octopus may be my new favorite seafood!

Takoyaki!
It was an excellent day. Even though the weather was rainy and cold, I had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment