Friday, June 17, 2011

Letter to Japan

I was told that I should send a polite letter to my school about one month before I leave. I sat at my computer for hours wondering what to write and what to say. I had no idea where to start or what to write. Luckily, I had a phone conference with my company later that day. I asked what to write and they told me it should be simple and to the point. I should say, I'm still not satisfied with how it came out BUT I had to get it sent off. By the way, it only cost me 98 cents for me to send a letter to Japan! I didn't know it was that cheap! I can give you my address if you want to send me real mail while in Japan since it is so inexpensive :) Anyway, here's the letter:

Dear Honatsugi Amity Staff,
Hello! My name is Heather Reusz and I will be joining your team as the new native English teacher starting in July. I am very excited to be coming to Japan. It has been a dream of mine to see your beautiful country and experience your unique culture.
I live around Chicago, Illinois in a town called Downers Grove. I am a teacher. I have been teaching 8th grade (13-14 years old) Public Speaking for two years. I enjoy theater, reading, singing, and learning about history. I love working with kids and especially love teaching them new things. I am very outgoing and energetic. I always like to come prepared with a positive attitude anywhere I go.
                I really look forward to joining your staff and meeting you all. I hope to be an asset to Honatsugi Amity and help reach our goals.
                If you wish to write back to me my e-mail address is hreusz@gmail.com.
Sincerely,


Heather Reusz

I'll let you all know when I get a reply!

No comments:

Post a Comment