Monday, June 6, 2011

The First Goodbye

I feel overwhelmed with the amount of packing up and moving that I am going to have to do in the next couple of weeks. I have to move out of my apartment, unpack and then repack for Japan, and clean everything out of my classroom. The last of these is what I have been working on ALL week last week. It is amazing the amount of stuff that I accumulated over just two years being at my school.
This is my desk looking CLEAN
This is, in essence, the very first goodbye that I'm going to have to say before I leave on July 8th. It was so bittersweet packing up everything in my classroom. On the one hand, I am VERY ready for summer and of course I am beyond excited to be following my dreams to live in Japan. On the other hand, this school is the first place I had a job. There are so many memories that I hold here and so many bonds that I have created with other teachers and students. I learned here, grew here, became a better person here. So, I leave with fondness in my heart for my school. Through all the good times and bad, I appreciate what the people and school have done for me.
Goodbye YMS. Know that you will be missed.
P.S.-My kids are "Promoted" (graduation basically) tomorrow night. I'm going to try really hard not to cry but I can't promise anything :p

I teach Communications (Public Speaking) so I made the kids come up with ways they can use their words to affect others

My epic Read posters. Signed by Alex Ross.

Bulletin Boards!

The class expectations as interpreted by my students

All the students who receive one of the top four grades in their class for a speech get to put their names on the Great Speeches Board.

1 comment:

  1. A quote to remember as you say your farewells this month:

    "Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends." --Richard Bach

    It's something I think of when I'm reminiscing of friends overseas...

    ReplyDelete