Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Atsugi

I have gotten many questions asking about where I am going to teach and live. Here is some basic information about Atsugi, Japan where I will be spending the next year!
Location:

Prefecture: Kanagawa
Nearest big city: Yokohama (about a 30 min. train ride away) It's also an hour train ride to Tokyo!
Population: 225,622
City flower: Azalea
City Symbol:





Closest mountain: Mt. Ohyama
Interesting sites: Hot Springs, Iiyama Kannon (Shinto shrine), Sagami Doll theater
The city also contains a US Naval base. Which means I can make some new friends over there!
My apartment: No exact location yet. Close to the Honatsugi train station. Comes pre-furnished with all basic necessities including a TV, fridge, and rice cooker! Just no microwave... The company subsidizes my rent so it will only come out to be about $425 per month which is less than I pay here in Plainfield!
Comment with any other questions about Atsugi that I can answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment